Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I Google Me

Two guesses why this is my favorite thing anybody's said about the book:

"The Cubist Infant" is a sprawling fictional account of the friendship between Picasso and Georges Braque. Braque is sexually obsessed with Picasso and somehow becomes impregnated by him. All sorts of jackassery goes on between the two. The story is fascinating if oblique, and it contains perhaps the most stomach-turning birth scene - truly, it is disgusting - that I have read anywhere.


"All sorts of jackassery" makes the story sound 500% more awesome than it could ever live up to being.

Comments:
One man's jackassery is another man's slapdickery.
 
I hadn't seen that. But "not sold on 'gentleman reptile'"? Not sold? That's fine, I'm not sold on it either.

Linking to you now.
 
OK... so you got one "not sold." You also got one "the more I thought about it the more I liked it." Which means you somehow wormed into that guy's brain and will be wreaking subconscious psychic havoc for years to come.
 
I have a question. Is "jackassery" a Portland thing or is it just the latest snappy pop culture term?

Slapdickery is pretty cute, too, but a little to "manly" for me.
 
Goddamit! Answer the question!

BTW, I'm really enjoying your daily updates. What a successful experiment!
 
Damn, dude, it's a weekly experiment! Like when you had to wait to watch BSG on Friday nights instead of watching it all at once on DVD. Those were the days.

So to answer the question, the popular usage of "jackassery" would've transcended time place and gender if I'd come up with it. Instead, it's just a word some slapdick with a blog invented.
 
heh, just wait til it gets upgraded to konky-dongery!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?